Ping oh Purple one.

Martyn,

I know your going to probably be sick to death of answering this one but could you recap the Running gear in Grumble. As you know I've been toying with the Auto idea for some time. I've now got paint on Morph and later ron will be looking to make Morph in to a more subtle tow vehicle for our Caravanning.

I'm speciffically interested in what the autobox donor was (year / model) , what the gearbox and transferbox ratios are and would you do anything different.

What about cables for the selector too.. did you join two or have one made?

You still using standard manifolds (I know this is engine related but it is a different engine)?

What Carbs / Jets are you running?

I've seen the ratio sheet knocking around but just want to be certain of the ratios before I buy a donor which is wrong.

I could also do with you popping in for a brew so I can roll around in the dirt doing some prodding and measurements...;o) or I could pop around if thats ok :0)

Project is likely to be spring at the earliest but planning is of the essence. Gone are my hit it till it fits days :0) (I've used this years quota up!).

Is there an Autumn Unofficial or have I imagined that?

Oh ... and this weeks winning lottery number would also help the project along too :0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

There was some tentative talk at Eastnor about the possibilty of a Welsh meet - Mr. Shackles of this parish made encouraging noises, I don't know if he actually agreed to look for venues, but he might.....

We're up for a winter meet anyway - and Wales is about equally awkward for 90% of the club.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

A Blackpool Cruise crossed my mind earlier tonight... purely to allow the Kids to see the lights. I don't really rate Blackpool that much these days but I think it's one of those things you do as a kid certainly from our region anyway.

The thought of a convoy of multicoloured Landies trundling down the prom doding drunks has it's appeal. We could join the convoys of White Limos.

I'm up for anywhere (date permitting) within 100 mile radius (yet to convert to LPG) which covers quite a bit of North Wales and probably as far as County Durham if there is a meet that way.

I'm miffed I can't get to Stoneleigh as the other dude at work is off :0(

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

so steve Taylor was, like...

Count me in if there is one.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Lets try and get some momentum and a consensus for a venue. And some money up front encourages folks to attend too....

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

On or around Thu, 30 Jun 2005 19:48:38 +0100, steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

I can recommend the off-road site at Pontardawe, if it's operational. Pontardawe Off Road Club, or somesuch. I should have contact details somewhere.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

You mean this one?

I like the idea of the campsite being so close, more of a lie in ;-)

Lizzy

Reply to
steve Taylor

I'd be interested in coming too! - I'll join the convoy :).

Within 100 miles sounds good, though i'd prefer wales than blackpool (bin to blackpool once when i was a kid and that was enough for me!).

Reply to
Tom Woods

Oh shit, I feel a plan coming on. Is this an AFL do, a 101 do or both. Or do we let riff-raff in anything else along ? (like LDVs) Hi Austin.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

I think it should be the unofficial alt.fan meet with a clear underlying intention of brainwashing non 101 owners into the benifits of eternal poverty.

Seriously though we've often commented on having a meet. Wales is convieniently in the middle of England for all to travel to 8-P

My only request would be that it was on a Day I can either get off work or am already off given this years Calendar seems to be conspiring against me attending events.

If I could throw in a date then I'd suggest September 2nd 3rd & 4th , This is to allow peeps to recover from the peak annual holiday season and for those of us blessed with kids to squeeze one in before School kicks in again. I've suggested a weekend to allow for those who travel up (OK I lied - to allow peeps to have a beer :0) ). If we could find a camp site that affords the normal camping luxuries as well as some sort of communal meeting place incase it pee's down that would be an advantage. I'm hoping for an Indian summer though.

Do I have to start making my badge yet?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Eeewwww nice!

I could be talked into this one.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:00:04 +0100, steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

yep, that's the one. Has a good variety of terrain and plenty of space. Their normal days are once a month, and cost 25 quid per vehicle or did last time I went. Dunno if they do special club events, but I can't see why not. I believe their normal days are first sunday of the month.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Send me some dates later in September !

Not for then - we're at a Discworld camp that weekend.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

If that's CCDE you're referring to, you *do* know it's been moved forward a week to the Weekend of 29th July, don't you? - Apparently there's a little thing that was clashing with the scheduling called Worldcon in Glasgow.

Now, offroad course at CCDE could be fun - but the Unimog bin motor would probably show us all up.

Paul Brown

And too damn quick for my own good and nowhere near good enough at reading dates - Wadfest I see.

Oops

P.

Reply to
Paul Brown

Hi Paul, No its

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

They don't DO Pay-and-Play. Anyother way of getting in ? Contacts ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

How about here ?

We've been once - nice, muddy place. Carmarthen though ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

On or around Fri, 01 Jul 2005 12:47:38 +0100, Steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

"An adjacent hideaway caravan and camp site offers electric hook-up, showers and toilets, and makes an ideal base for club events or organised rallies."

I thought it was a plan to have a 101 gathering?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I don't get that - its contradictory - so you can stay on the campsite, but you can't go off road on their site. What gives ?

It looks like it'll be an unofficial Welsh meet for 101FC+R , of course AFL. Wherever we have it !

Anyway, I'm off to China til Wednesday

TTFN

Steve

Reply to