PING: Richard at Beamends

Hey, as usual the e-mail has me as a terrorist or summat like that.

I could do with some prices matey?

1995 D1 td300

Oil filter Air Filter One Shot grease Front & rear wipers Washer nozzles front Front discs & pads Cam belt Serpentine belt (non AC)

What oil is best for a 300tdi?

Also, do you sell waxoyl?

Ta

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Also, can you get hold of Monroe gas dampers? I need the front set, it has new ones at the rear. It looks to have a lift at the rear, with new yellow springs? Anyone got any idea who makes them?

I want to lift the whole thing if it has been lifted.

Reply to
Nige

Lots.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

hehehe - you may be right.

Reply to
Nige

If you have a Unipart Factors handy its about £12 a gallon saves a bucket on postage . Derek

Reply to
Derek

I just wanted the type Des, but cheers!

Reply to
Nige

"Nige" Said

Nige, I use 15w40. Its worth considering one of these :-

I have them fitted to the disco and the P38, it makes oil changing a lot cleaner, i just put the pipe into a jerry can and screw on the fitting and the oil stays off the driveway.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Superb, could use one for the ZZR too, changed the oil last week. My drive looks like it's been agent oranged by the yanks.

Reply to
Nige

its me a bit of brainfade I thought I wrote down the correct info - what I meant to say was the Waxoyl is about £12 a gall .BTW I reverted to

20w50 in Kato (200Tdi) he smokes a lot less now. Derek
Reply to
Derek

On or around Sun, 22 Jul 2007 14:39:31 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

decent grade 15W40 or similar diesel engine oil. I buy it from the local agricultural merchants, Q8 tractor engine oil - modern tractors are just as fussy...

I could tell you the spec on the barrel (25l) but it's persisting down outside.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I've just tried using a semi-synthetic, Morris XHD-FE 10w40 where in the past I used the 'normal' Morris 10w40.

The semi-synth seems a lot quieter running, but it's only been in for 30 odd miles so far. If it's as good as the normal I'll use it every time. The normal I replaced it with came out looking black, even though it'd only been in for 4000 miles. Be interesting to see what this oil's like after 4k.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

The Q8 oil is bloody good. A mate of mine is running it in his fleet of heavy trucks (lorries to you lot). He does his oil changes based on the results of oil sample analysis and the Q8 is retaining the desired properties for almost twice the distance of the oil he used previously (Mobil).

Reply to
EMB

Hoorah! I've been looking for these for ages.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

On or around Thu, 26 Jul 2007 22:10:37 +1200, EMB enlightened us thusly:

I find it good, meself. Just looked:

Q8 T170

15W40 API CH4/SJ ACEA A3,B3,E3

which IIRC comfortably exceeds the minimum spec for the disco. latest drum was about 40 quid for 25l.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Where can you get it for £12 a gallon?

Reply to