Play time

Drivetrain play time in fact.

I've just removed a wheel to sort a tyre issue out and noticed that the wheel has about 10-15 degrees (estimated) of play (rear right-hand) without the prop shaft moving. I popped the rubber cap off and the halfshaft appears to be moving with the wheel, I thought that previously I'd seen that moving independently of the wheel but memory must have played tricks.

So what's this likely to be? I've not had cause to play with this area of the truck yet. The hub rotates freely under gentle hand pressure with no need to strain before coming to a hard stop, hard enough to resist me removing and replacing wheel nuts.

Could that be normal play spread across the differential, or is there a problem with this specific hub/halfshaft/sommat expensive?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings