Please don't laugh: cup-holders

I'm having real trouble finding the right Discovery TD5. I have found one, a seven seater 02 lead-in low spec, and I can very happily live without the toys but the other half really wants cup holders. I can see several for sale on Ebay. Is it possible to retro fit them or does the lead-in low spec (can't actually work out whether it's an E or an S) have a different dash assembly? Thanks very much for any answers to such a naff question :-)

Reply to
Andrew

Do they not all have the type that pop out from under the heater and aircon control panel then???

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cooke

Yep....

Reply to
Nige

I have an 'E' spec, with cup holders!!!

Reply to
Mick

In message , Mick writes

Somebody's nicked the OPs and is selling them on Ebay

Reply to
hugh

That's where mine are and in the end for the center arm rest in the back, press to release. Mind you I've not had base end models... Pictogram of cup with steam rising from it on both IIRC.

The front ones are bit of PITA as a standard 330ml cans obscures the aircon display/controls. The one in the rear are larger than the stand 300ml drinks can as well, they will take a Pringles tube tho'. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Well, not sure what this Discovery was but I went back to have a second look yesterday. No front cupholder (blanked off where it should go) no rear seat central armrest, very basic heating controls which looked like they were off a 1980s Metro. I walked away because of the general condition, it had led a bit of a hard life, dented speakers, really poor alloys (apparently a replacement for original steel wheels), plenty of scars in the back from carrying loads, none of them a problem in themselves but didn't fill me with confidence. Would make an OK work-horse but not on an 02 plate at the money he wanted. Point is, that is the most basic Discovery II I have ever seen, so what was it? Any ideas?

Reply to
Andrew

An import ex-Japan?

Reply to
EMB

Possibly, but I thought they were mostly high spec/low miles vehicles (this has done 102K)? Plenty of surface rust underneath too...

Reply to
Andrew

Was it a reconverted van?

Reply to
Nige

They're only low miles if the odometer has been tampered with. And there are plenty of rust old shitheaps that come off the salted roads in Northen Japan.

Reply to
EMB

Crossed my mind too.

Lee