Possibly looking at a L322 V8 petrol

So, the very mint V8 4.6 may be up for grabs, anyone interested?

Reply to
Nige

You can't be bored of it already Nige !!!!

L322 would be nice though, be careful of the electrical gremlins and dodgy front diffs matey.

You know a D3 makes more sense :-)

Reply to
Andy

Andy uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Colour????

I don't want to clash ;-)

Make sure you have the history Nige , Landrover should have it and maybe a polite phone call could reveal any recalls outstanding - The Diffs if affected seem to average 30-40 thou between failures, there are cheap fixes but the setting of the pinion bearing and collapseable collar will be a bitch and may lead to even quicker failure. Other than that I'd not deter you from going for one though I'm biased towards the BMW Diesel. I understand the V8 Diesels have a diff pan oil leak on nine out of ten units. Can't comment on the Petrol engines but they will be getting more and more difficult to shift as the prices continue to rise but again you will be used to them already. Diesel would make more sense for the hols financially given how long you keep them mind there is still time once you've played with the petrol V8 :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

The V8 Diesel has only just been launched (last 6 months or so) so any issues will be covered under warranty, it's an awesome engine, I had a loaner recently and it went like stink, had the V8 burble and still did around 28mpg but prices will still be £40K+.

The TD6 that went before it was the popular one albeit some thought a little underpowered. V8 Petrol 4.4's will be cheaper and have that lovely sound too :-) Also some G4 spec around too.

Reply to
Andy

Hey, I'm not bored, this is a serious bargain & needs to be looked at.

Reply to
Nige

Very light green.

Reply to
Nige

On or around Sun, 27 Jan 2008 15:24:30 -0000, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

FFS, Nige, you've only had it 5 minutes!!

I wish I had the money, but I don't, nowhere near.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

What sort of price?

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

In a dim and distant universe , Neil Brownlee enlightened us thusly:

I've got £4.32 if I empty out my piggy bank....

Reply to
Paul Vigay

I've got a couple of quid too. If we all have a whip round we could set up a 'Nige's Orphan Fund' and buy them all up! :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt M

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Nige, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

How much, Nige, and what's wrong with it?

Reply to
Pete M

I've done my bit ;-)

Reply to
Lee_D

There is nothing wrong with it at all, in fact it just had £250 of new tyres fit & also £250 worth of work done, inc water pump & viscous unit on the fan ;)

It's worth every penny of £4k now.

Anyone want a picture, let me know.

Reply to
Nige

What engine has it got Nige? I've just been looking at one in Lucerne green for 19k.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

4.4 V8
Reply to
Nige

I had one of those :) Great fun. Only flogged so as I could get the 4.2SC V8 ;)

If funds had decreed it I would have kept it.

What year is it Nige? There's quite a big change on the 05 model on the interior. Better sat nav etc etc.

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

P38 not RRIII dude. :-)

Lee D