Power steering oil

Hi There

I wonder if anybody can help me with this problem on my 1989 200tdi county please.

I was coming home from work tonight when the steering went stiff so I pulled over and there is no steering oil in the reservoir but loads over the steering U/Js and chassis underneath. I had some oil with me and filled it up to find out where it came from thinking I had blown a pipe but there is no leak so I continue home and get my good lady to work the steering hard from left to right and there is still no leak that I can see. Any idears I will be greatfull

Steve

Reply to
Steve

On or around Sat, 05 Jul 2003 18:58:32 GMT, "roverjunkie" enlightened us thusly:

you can play for ages getting the buggers pressure-proof.

FWIW, you can, if you want to, grab the steering input shaft and turn it, with the engine running. can on mine, anyway. Perhaps mine has a more powerful pump.

Reply to
Austin Shackles