Power Windows, Sunroof and Mirrors dead on Range Rover DSE 1997

Hi.

I have a Range Rover DSE 1997 where none of the power window, sunroof or mirrors work when controlling from centre console or the rear door switches. The fuses are ok. Has anyone had this fault? Thoughts?

The display say "Window not set" & "Sunroof not set" but I can't set them as they are completely dead.

Many thanks! John-Erik Sweden.

Reply to
JEP

Have you checked fuse F1 (10A)? That supplies the centre console switch pack, amongst other things.

Gaz

Reply to
Gazza

Gazza skrev:

Hello. Thank you for your answer!

Yes, I've checked all fuses. (removed them all and tested them. Also, when in place, tested for 12V on all of them) Also, the center switch pack get's it 12V from BeCM. There is 12V to the Centre switch pack. But nothing happends when pushing any of the switches. :( I opened my BeCM today, searching for visible damage or corroded wires. Looked OK. Could it be one/or a few of the relays in the power board in the BeCM? Or maybe the big IC in the centre switch pack?

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

Reply to
JEP

You're brave opening the BECM! Have you checked the earth connection to the switch pack, it's the black wire on pin 6 of the switch pack connector? Also there are 5 wires from the switch pack going to 2 different connectors on the BECM , have you checked they are all ok? It looks like the control of the front windows, rear windows and the sunroof all use different bits of the BECM. The motors for each of these also get their current from different fuses so I'd think it is more likely a common control problem. The fact that none of these are working I'd suspect the switch pack or associated BECM connections, but I'm just guessing.

gaz

1985 Classic RR 1998 V8 P38
Reply to
Gazza

Gazza skrev:

Thanks for your post gaz!

I didn't know windows and sunroof used different bits of BECM. That sounds kind of good. been searching at the forum on

also. A few have exchanged the switch panel more than twice. Sounds likely. Thank you so much!

I will try to get an for exchange. /John-Erik

1997 Range Rover P38 DSE 1976 Range Rover V8 1976 Range Rover V8 1973 Range Rover V8 1975 Rover P6B :)
Reply to
JEP