Electric Window Problem! on a Range rover

Hi, I have a 1996 Range Rover DSE, when I pressed the electric window button once to use the self closing function, the window went all the way to the
top then made a series of loud bangs. I have had the door panel off and it has broken a couple of teeth of the winder mechanism (the scissor part). The dashboard message centre keeps saying "Window Not Set" I have wound the window fully down and then fully back up (the window bangs when I reach the top because of missing teeth) but it still will not set. I was wondering if I will need a new outstation or whether buying a new mechanism will solve the problem.
Cheers Martin
Martin wrote:

Sounds like a new lift mechanism will sort it. I'm guessing you can't set the closed and open positions as it won't fully close now, so the computer is grumbling. You can still use it as is, if you can cope with the beep, beep, window not set everytime you close it.
Alan C
Cheers for your help Alan!
Regards Martin

had the same problem and the ratcheting of the cog on the mechinism soon starts to eat into the cog and it ment there was a whistleing on motorways from the window not being quite shut.... either a new mechinism or if your any good with a mig set and file it is possible to patch up the teeth... you will need to rivet the mechism back in aswell