Question about light pods and paint

Well,

I went to Gaydon today. Unfortunately I took my switch card with me. I am so dead when my wife finds out about this.

One of the many items I bought was a QT light pod for the disco, unfortunately my disco is grey and this pod is white (closest we do mate!)

I have a couple of thoughts about this.

I could fit the white pod to the car and just have it look a little silly, but for the extra wattage of lights on the road it would be worth it.

However I was thinking about painting it. I suspect that I'd have to key the gelcoat with wet and dry, primer it and then use a matched touchup can to spray paint it.

Have I missed anything? Am I better just leaving it white?

Also, has anybody fitted one of these before? Is it simply a case of drilling a hole at each corner, a corresponding hole through the bonnet for each point and bolting it straight on?

P.

Look out for more questions from the same author soon including "How do I wire a winch?" and "What's the prettiest type of line to use with a winch"?

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

With very fat wire.

Well, what is your favourite colour? You can get plasma ropes in a few different ones...

Reply to
Paul Everett