freelander's side mirrors...

I'm the new owner of a 2003 Freelander. I just noticed that the driver's side view mirror is convex (is this the appropriate word?). Usually I see this type of mirrors on the passenger's side with the "objects are closer...." legend. My freelander does not have a passenger side convex mirror and no mirror has that warning legend.

I wonder if this is correct. Is there a chance the mirrors are placed as if for a british freelander ? I'm in North America.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
edmz

I don't think that they put the writing on the mirrors on this side of the Atlantic - we are (often) able to spot that things might be closer than they appear without being told!

Are you saying you have one convex mirror and one flat one? Is it possible that the flat one is a replacement? If it's the same as my Range Rover, surely both mirrors should be convex.

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

My father has a Nissan Micra with a shaped mirror on the driver's side to give a wider coverage, and very useful it is. Might you be confusing something like that with a simple convex mirror?

Reply to
David G. Bell