Ramming speed, all engines full ahead!

I saw one of these today;

A Mitsuoka Viewt, basically a Nissan Micra made up to look like a

2/3rds scale Jaguar MkII, but in a very shoddy, cheap manner. What kind of daftness brings that into the world?
Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Christ, that is gay, uber gay.

Reply to
Nige

Believe me, it looks a *lot* worse in real life.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

It's gopping enough on my screen.

Reply to
Nige

Nice name too. "Viewt", sort of like "newt" because you'd have to be one to buy one.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

"I got better...."

Geo

Reply to
Geo

"Ian Rawlings" wrote

Could be worse; did you check out their supercar or what they did to the Seven? Having said that, they look more fun (and much more kitsch) than all those bland heaps of metal one sees every day.

We should ask them to re-do a Landie.

Geo

Reply to
Geo

Walking around in Lederhosen and a gimp mask with my hair on fire might make me look fun and different, but if that's the aim then there's better ways to do it IMHO, the Newt just looks so dreadful that I think a chavved up Nova would be less embarassing.. I really did recoil in horror when it trundled round the corner in Frome today.

I'm sure Tata will have something on the books!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I object to your use of the word "gay" in a derogatory meaning. Kindly find another word to express feelings of distate.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

But(t) it _IS_ gay, as gay as you are, probably.

Reply to
aghasee

I am gay, and I can honestly say I'd never be seen dead in one.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Don't worry Alex, I have nothing against gays. In fact, one of my very few _really_ close friends is gay. But gay... is gay. ;-)

Reply to
aghasee

OK, that car is really "Alex", how's that ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

"Geo" wrote after

I wonder what car they would use as the donor vehicle for a Defender look-alike, Nissan Cube perhaps.

Bob Hobden

In article , Ian Rawlings writes

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Not that I noticed, but I was quite drunk.

To a degree, in that moaning about it in here isn't likely to help, but we never liked the way the term 4x4 was abused during last year's anti-4x4 fashion craze so I can see the point.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

:P

Alex