Planning ahead

Next year the Beetle goes back. Shopping for a new car for my dad (see Cheap Rovers... in urcmisc) I've been bombarded and saturated with prices and cars, and the worst thing is the two cheap options I can take won't be available: Smart Roadsters (currently hovering around £110-150/month) are being dropped apparently, and the MX-5 will be replaced by a new model in September, so all the £150/month deals will be long gone and the new one will be expensive and in short supply.

However, one thing has cropped up that my girlfriend is heavily in favour of:

Mitsubishi Evo VIII - £260/month ish.

I don't think it is an FQ anything, 'just' the 260. Since the MG ZT 260 has been cruelly whisked away from me, the Morona, sorry, Monaro is £400/month and damned ugly, and I've got an aversion to Subarus right now... it's kinda tempting.

Would it be mad?

Richard (I'm sick to death of cars right now!).

Reply to
RichardK

Get the Evo :D:D:D:D

Reply to
DanTXD

Get the Evo. Great car. Fast as f*ck. Reliable as hell. Insurance will be a killer and they drink fuel as well if you cane them. Interiors are pretty shit. Other than that they are a great car.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Evo.

--=20 Carl Robson "Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf" (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Nope, do it.

By far their biggest fault is the stupid service interval - but I'm pretty sure I've seen Evo's around with 3-years included servicing ?

Reply to
Nom

If he's getting it on contract hire that includes servicing doesn't it?

Reply to
DanTXD

Not always - but a service usually isn't that expensive, certainly not as expensive as maintained contract hire costs relative to non-maintenance.

Richard (I ignore service intervals anyway if I think they are too great; 6-10,000 miles between services IMO. The Peugeot was 20,000. If the Evo is 6,000 miles, I'm happy).

Reply to
RichardK

4500 miles IIRC. I looked at a VR4 as a company car a few years back until I realised it wasn't far off monthly services :)
Reply to
Grant

Hey Richard,

Hang in there. I've got a 10 month old MG ZT 260 and it's stunning. Simply stunning. I've owned plenty of German cars - BMW and Mercs - and two Lotus. The ZT is simply the best.

I advice finding one. Pay no more than 20k-ish and buy a warranty. These are already rare and there is not got to be any more..... But one, enjoy the fact than no one has a clue what it is and leave boy racers behind in luxury..

Let me know what u do.

Ray

x-- 100 Proof News -

3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 100,000 other groupsx-- Access to over 1.6 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Monthx-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Reply to
ray morley