range rover 3.5

my dads range rover 1989, has an intermitant fault. the engine turns over but will not start. we have fule pumping but changed relay anyway. we have spark. the plugs are dry when removed after some time of turning over. we have changed the fule injection relay' when we did this the relay clicking in out then made it possible to start it. but when we replaced with a new relay we still get the fault. mess with relay plug in and out and it will then start. where is the fault? i know it must be electrical. but what is preventing the fule injectors oppening?

wezzie .

Reply to
wezzie

Check for corrosion where the wires enter the connectors in the rear of the relay holders, and also check for corrosion in the multiplug that connects to the power resistor pack (mounted on the bracket that holds the airflow meter, notorious for bad connections). Also worth pulling the carpet back at the driver's footwell and checking for bad connections where the EFI harness plugs into the main vehicle harness. It's located under the carpet sat the edge of the centre tunnel, just in the right place to get all the moisture from wet feet!!!! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Reply to
wezzie