range rover fuel injection problems

I have a Range Rover TD6SE 2003. FOUR times in the past 6 months it has failed to start, due to fuel injection line failure. Has any other RR owner had this problem? Mileage under 50k.

Reply to
barryeastham

Perhaps you would like to post it to alt.autos.bmw as well as this forum because the engine is essentially the same as fitted to many BMW models including the X5. I have had an X5 and now have a Range Rover with just over 20,000 miles on it. No problems with the Range Rover but did have a few electrical problems on the X5 which were common to early Range Rovers. None of the type that will help you here though. Try asking the question here as well perhaps, but search it to see if it has been covered already first.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Check the fuel rail pressure sensor at the rear of the injection fuel rail at the back of the cylinder head. A bad contact there will prevent it from starting as the ecu see's a "Low fuel pressure" fault and won't let it start up. Badger.

Reply to
Badger