92 Range rover won't start help!

I have just purchased a 1992 Range Rover 3.9 Upon buying it was running very well. So, I take my first 150 mile trip to the mountains and this morning it will not start. It cranks well but doesn't seem to be getting fuel. I have been trouble shooting as I would with any car, but not sure if some of my ideas work for a Rangy. I removed the fuel filter and it did not hold any dirt or obstructions. I susspect the fuel pump, fuel pump relay, or fuse. I dissconected the fuel line at the engine to see if it spurts gas when I use the ignition. Dry! So it seems that gas is not getting to the engine and injectors. Unless that test does not work with RR. I have read about the fuel pump rely or fuse. Any ideas would help. Just when I fixed the radio code and got the stereo working the damn thing wont start.

Reply to
joe myers

In a 3.9 after 150 miles my first question would be has it got any petrol in?

Is the pump "whiring" within the tank when the ignition is switched on?

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D