Range Rover 4x4 Question

I just got a Rangerover, it only has a control for low and high gear, unlike my old LR that had one to engage the 4 wheel drive. So is the RR perminatly 4x4?

Its a 1990 3.9 V8 Vouge Automatic.

Thanks

Reply to
chris-de-burgh

All Range Rovers are permanent 4 wheel drive. One of that age will have high/low but with a viscous centre diff. ie. it locks up when slip is detected. Our last one was a 1990 3.9i and we loved it. Richard

Reply to
Richard

Yes.

See the '4XDrive Max Speed' thread which is currently running on this NG.

Reply to
Dougal

All Rangerovers are permanent four wheel drive. JD

Reply to
JD

And, IIRC, a viscous centre diff means fitting same size tyres all round?

Richard

Reply to
Richard