range rover dissy wiring

I've got a fancy electric dissy off a RR to go onto the 101.

Its got the ignition module built into the side, which has a 3 pin connector on. There is then an adaptor that takes it down to 2 pins.

I assume that these should be 12v and a feed to my coil, and it earths through the engine block?

Can anybody tell me which connector should be which?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Front pin - negative connection (trigger) to coil. Rear pin - +12v from coil positive (Note - non ballasted 12v coil required, don't use with a 6v or 9v ballast coil!) Centre pin on a 3-pin amplifier module isn't connected to anything. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Which is the front and which is the back? it sits pretty much left to right on my engine!

Will it kill it if i get it wrong or just not work till i swap it round.

the 2 pin connector has a horizontal and vertical pin on it (holding the connector such that it has one connector above the other).

like this: _ |

which is which?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Normally the module would sit on the passenger (left) side of the engine.......... Looking down on it from the top the connector that is the furthest round in a clockwise position is the negative and the anticlockwise one is the positive.

You'll fry the module!

Follow the clockwise/anticlockwise description given above and all will be ok.

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Ta mate!,

I can cope with the clockwise/anticlockwise instructions! ;)

I havent fitted the dissy properly yet (as ive got to do the oil pump too..), but the module looked to sit along the rear of the dissy when i lined bits up with the old one.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Woods