Range Rover lower tailgate query

I've been advised that a lower tailgate featuring an internal lever would not swap to fit my '84 Classic Range Rover that currently has an external lever, due to different pin lock mechs on the body (my tailgate is now rusting).

Any conformation or other much appreciated.

Rob

Reply to
Roclive

IFAIK, the catches screw to the door frame using the same mounting holes on both types of tailgate, and are interchangeable provided you change the catches on the frame at the same time as the tailgate.

Reply to
SimonJ