Range Rover Diff Lock

Hi

I have what I think is a problem with engaging my diff look on my 84 Range Rover, the lever goes over into the locked position but the light does not come on,occasionally when I move the lever over the orange diff lock lights for a split second but never stays on. Has anyone ever see this before? Do you think the diff is actually locking?

Any help would be appreciated (I am not very mechanically minded).

Thanks Phil

Reply to
Phil

before? Do

If the light is out then it is likely that the diff is not locked, so be very careful. In all probability the linkage needs adjusting to push the selector that bit further. In some cases it might just be the case that the plastic gaiter around the base of the selector lever [there is a second one under the one visible from the driving seat] has hardened with age and needs a knifing to allow the lever to stay put.

Huw

Reply to
Huw