Range Rover springs

I want to raise my Classic by a couple of inches, anyone got any good recommendations ?

Reply to
Geoff

Hi Geoff Depends on condition of you current springs and shockers. If they are good, then a 2" lift block under the springs, rear shocker upper mount lowering plates. Don't forget to extend your brake hoses by 2" as well. If yours are knackered, replacement +2" springs and shockers with extended brake lines. I have done both and of the two, the extended shockers and spring variant wallows more on the road. Extended shockers and springs were slightly easier to fit becasue I did not have to muck around finding replacement extended bolts for the bottom spring plate mounts. Front axle was easy enough, but the rear has a thread that few people seem to stock, ended up grinding off captive nuts and replacing with easier to get bolts.

Hope this helps.

Martin

04 Disco TD5 RRC 3.5 EFI 1986 RRC 3.5 EFI 1988
Reply to
Martin Coombs

bottle jack?

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

->Hi Geoff

->Depends on condition of you current springs and shockers.

->If they are good, then a 2" lift block under the springs, rear shocker upper

->mount lowering plates.

The plates are about the same cost as the springs so I might as well do the job "properly"

->Don't forget to extend your brake hoses by 2" as well.

I handn't :-)

Reply to
Geoff

->->

->>

->>I want to raise my Classic by a couple of inches, anyone got any good

->>recommendations ?

->

->bottle jack?

Funny guy............

Reply to
Geoff

Air bags

Rich

Reply to
Rich

I get emails every day telling me how to raise mine by lots of inches. Want me to pass on the web addresses?

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel

->I get emails every day telling me how to raise mine by lots of inches. Want

->me to pass on the web addresses?

Thanks for the kind offer, I will however have to decline.

Reply to
Geoff

You did not expect to get a sensible answer did you?

Reply to
Marc Draper

Heavy duty OME Springs will give you the lift you desire without breaking the bank. A suspension lift is always better than a body lift.

Reply to
Jack

Go for Britpart Yellow's - excatly the same spec as OME at half the price. We sell both and I know which I'd buy..............

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

->In message , Geoff

-> writes

->>->>

->>

->>->I get emails every day telling me how to raise mine by lots of inches. Want

->>->me to pass on the web addresses?

->>

->>Thanks for the kind offer, I will however have to decline.

->

->

->You did not expect to get a sensible answer did you?

I didn't think it was that difficult a question, I'm looking for some longer springs can any one recommend a supplier.

I guess I should have thought more about the "Carry on Land Rover club " :-))

I am however surprised you didn't make comments on me wanting to do things properly ;-)

Reply to
Geoff

->Heavy duty OME Springs will give you the lift you desire without breaking

->the bank. A suspension lift is always better than a body lift.

->

Not impressed OME leafs in the past, I want long and soft rather then long and hard..................

Reply to
Geoff

->->

->> Heavy duty OME Springs will give you the lift you desire without breaking

->> the bank. A suspension lift is always better than a body lift.

->>

->

->Go for Britpart Yellow's - excatly the same spec as OME at half

->the price. We sell both and I know which I'd buy..............

->

Thanks for that, looks like the sort of thing I'm after.

Reply to
Geoff

What happened to the SJ410 that you used to drive, have you converted to the dark side or is this just a tow vehicle?

Also anoraks.net is very slow at the moment, I was trying to see what had been going on since I last attended an anoraks do, but pages were taking 15 minutes to load completely so I had to give up in the end. No other sites I tried were having problems at the time. This has been happening for a few days now. A work colleage is thinking about buying a 4x4 for off-roading (2K budget) and I wanted to show him pics of your SJ to get him past the "hairdresser" comments.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

->->

->> I guess I should have thought more about the "Carry on Land Rover club " :-))

->

->What happened to the SJ410 that you used to drive, have you converted

->to the dark side or is this just a tow vehicle?

Hi Ian, I had loads of Suzuki's over the years, yes you could say I have converted to the dark side as 90% of my 4x4's are now Land Rovers, tho based on the Range Rovers performance on Sunday I might be in the market for another Suzuki :-))

->Also anoraks.net is very slow at the moment, I was trying to see what

->had been going on since I last attended an anoraks do, but pages were

->taking 15 minutes to load completely so I had to give up in the end.

->No other sites I tried were having problems at the time. This has

->been happening for a few days now. A work colleage is thinking about

->buying a 4x4 for off-roading (2K budget) and I wanted to show him pics

->of your SJ to get him past the "hairdresser" comments.

Try

most of the Suzuki's on there aremine, sadly the guy who hosts our web site has had serious issues with his BTline, so if you were lucky enough to make a connection that was because he wasrunning on dial up to pop the mail. For 2K you mate should be able to get a well sorted Suzuki, if that of course is what he's after.

Reply to
Geoff

Seconded. I've just put some Britpart Yellow mediums on the back of my Classic as a 'get through MOT' measure and they are excellent. The only problem is that I'm now going to have to do the fronts and fit longer shocks all round, since it looks a bit lop-sided.

Speaking of which , Britpart don't seem to list mediums for the front - they have 'heavy' which give a 1.5 inch lift. Is this the way to go, and are 1/2 inch spacers required?

Mine came from Beamends, can't fault the service.

-- Pete

Reply to
Pete Young

I did mention the option of a bobtail rangie to him, I'd quite like a v8 with an auto. A chap I know near Reading bobtailed one and then decided to cut a foot out of the middle too. Mind you Lyndon's buggy was good (the one he got in 2002 or so IIRC), wouldn't mind one of those.

Hehe, I bet he was cursing me ;-)

Cheers for the better link, works far faster.. Just going through the Scrapheap Challenge stuff now!

He doesn't know what he wants, anything's better than what he's got right now, a road-going 4x4 packed with rust. He's giving it to a friend of his to get rid of it.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

so Ian Rawlings was, like...

Hey, Wild Thing is still doing its stuff then? (Previous owner enquiry.)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

->->

->> Hi Ian, I had loads of Suzuki's over the years, yes you could say I

->> have converted to the dark side as 90% of my 4x4's are now Land

->> Rovers, tho based on the Range Rovers performance on Sunday I might

->> be in the market for another Suzuki :-))

->

->I did mention the option of a bobtail rangie to him, I'd quite like a

->v8 with an auto. A chap I know near Reading bobtailed one and then

->decided to cut a foot out of the middle too. Mind you Lyndon's buggy

->was good (the one he got in 2002 or so IIRC), wouldn't mind one of

->those.

A buggy will cost a lot more then 2k and you might be pressed to get a decent bob for that money (unless you do it yourself of course)

->> Try

most of the Suzuki's on->> there are mine, sadly the guy who hosts our web site has had serious->> issues with his BT line, so if you were lucky enough to make a->> connection that was because he was running on dial up to pop the->> mail.

->

->Hehe, I bet he was cursing me ;-)

Not as much as he curses BT !

->Cheers for the better link, works far faster.. Just going through the

->Scrapheap Challenge stuff now!

The official stuff for all that is still on Channel-4's site, we get to go back and do it all again soon.

->> For 2K you mate should be able to get a well sorted Suzuki, if that

->> of course is what he's after.

->

->He doesn't know what he wants, anything's better than what he's got

->right now, a road-going 4x4 packed with rust. He's giving it to a

->friend of his to get rid of it.

Why give it away, why not use it still it breaks, then give it away !

Reply to
Geoff