Re: 300TDi valves

> how important are the little hats (which the book says are "valve caps", not > to be confused with similarly-named items on the road wheels...) >

Sorry Austin, can't answer your question.

BUT, I have been wondering just how many TDIs actually get their valvegear checked and set at service?

Strikes me as being one of those things that if you don't do your own maintenance, is unlikely to get done.

What do you all reckon?

Chas.

Reply to
Chas

On or around Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:30:32 +0100, "Chas" enlightened us thusly:

dunno.

replaced all 8 hats today (bloody rain) although the 6 intact ones actually measure the same as the new ones. New ones (genuine LR) not quite the same design as the old ones, but fit OK.

Reply to
Austin Shackles