Re: Budget & Fuel Duty on Vegetable Oil

Been thinking for some time about using

> vegetable oil in my Land Rover and thought > I'd contact Customs % Excise for the correct > forms. These are now in post (EX103 if you > are interested) > > The adviser then went on to tell me that in > the summer the additional duty will be > removed which is great news! I have to > register for the interim period and will be > informed when I can stop paying the extra. > > The only restriction is that you need to be a > small user / producer using / making a > maximum of 2500 Litres per year.

Getting impatient with waiting for an update, I phoned Revenue and Customs today to see if there is any news on when veg oil duty would be removed. The adviser I spoke to told me that, far from removing the duty, it was going to be INCREASED from 48.35p a litre to 50.35p a litre! I expressed my incredulity (very politely) and was told to contact my MP since it was they that made the decision...

Have I got this confused? Have they? Or has the original poster (I assume not, obviously). Anyone else got a take on this? Any ideas on how to get a definitive statement?

Reply to
Andrew

Since my earlier post I have been registered with HM C&E. Quite simple process that took about a week to complete from receipt of the form. I have also got my first 'bill' requesting payment for the previous period. All these forms have been hand written so the overhead must be enormous! I just written out a cheque for £7.25 which is the duty on 15 litres of SVO from the supermarket.

It must cost them much more than this to process so I am still hopeful that small users will be exempt soon! Not heard about the increase - makes it marginal cost wise - so much for the green agenda!!!

Regards,

RichardB

Reply to
RichardB