Re: cool...

>6x6 stage 1

More interested in who the highest bidder (fb-lr101fc) is.

Reply to
Mother

Well, it was on last week at £5,500 with a reserve not met. Unsurprisingly there were no bids.

As for the chassis, I havn't seen the article in LRM, but my guess it that it's an original Sandringham or LRSV 6x6, they did make several Stage1 V8 6x6's

Alex

Reply to
Alex

This is one of customers vehicles. The rearmost axle is a standard one fitted upside down with an extra propshaft comming from a "splitter" box (for want of a better word) off the transfer box - i.e. the usual arrangement for "factory" 6x6 Series vehicles.

We couldn't find any sinage to say who built it, but is it a very professional piece of kit. It's probably not possible to actually get any more toys on it!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Wed, 16 Aug 2006 08:16:42 +0100, beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

so what springs are on it? they look shorter than standar rears. one of the bugbears of trying to do leaf-sprung 6x6s is the length of the rear springs, although it occurs to me that if you sling one set under the chassis same as the front ones...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'll have to have a look - I seem to remember it was 4x sort ones, set up for recoverey rather than off-road.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd