Re: disco anti roll

I had a 91 Disco with freestyle aloys, this had antiroll bar on the front only and no fitting points on the rear.

Hi Ken; > > Your Discovery did not have anti-roll bars fitted as standard UNLESS it had > the "Freestyle" pack which consisted of special alloys and roll bars. The > kit is certainly available for both axles. > > HTH > > > > > Hi all > > > > can any one tel me if the early disco around 1993 had a anti roll bar fitted > > to the rear only > > My 93 has no anti roll bars at all and it looks like only the back have the > > fitting brackets > > > > all the best > > > > Ken > > > > > > -- > Regards; > Llandrovers! (remove the x to email me!) > > 2003 Discovery Td5 GS5 c/w CDL > > South West Wales Land Rover Club -

Peter Seddon

Llandrovers!

On or around Fri, 12 Sep 2003 22:29:42 +0100, Llandrovers! enlightened us thusly:

ours is '95, and has an ARB on the rear. can't say I've noticed about the front. Rolls plenty anyway, if it were mine, I'd put stiffer springs on it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Post-94 facelift Discoveries - the Romulus model - should have ARB front and rear. But yes, Austin, they can still roll a bit. I wouldn't put stiffer springs on but a set of new springs and shocks will do wonders for the road handling.

Regards Steve G

remove the nospam to email me

Reply to
SteveG

On or around Fri, 12 Sep 2003 23:04:13 GMT, SteveG enlightened us thusly:

it certainly need rear shocks, which are on the to-do list. But the 110 is much stiffer sprung, and handles, to my mind, much better on the road. If I had a disco it'd get at least 10% stiffer springs, I reckon.

what's the thought on dampers for discos? is it worth the extra expense for decent gas ones, or will Paddock's finest, replaced suitably frequently, do as well? actually, I've an idea that Paddock do gas ones at reasonable prices, too.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Mine is a 93 and has all of the brackets, front and rear, but no ARB is fitted as standard. You can retrofit. It does restrict articulation if you decide to go off road.

Ed

To reply, remove my appendix

Reply to
Ed

My Discovery will get a new set of springs and shocks next year, when I can afford it ;-)

I wouldn't use stiffer springs simply because they reduce axle articulation and therefore off-road capability. I will certainly go for gas shocks though even if I don't really need them.

Regards Steve G

remove the nospam to email me

Reply to
SteveG

Thanks all

Think i will upgrade springs and shocks think my disco has been used to tow horse box in past so pos well due for change all the best

Ken

Reply to
Ken