Re: F/S Range Rover 4.6 HSE LPG

Priced to sell

Would there be any point in pricing it not to sell?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Funny enough, this is what happened with my 90 a few months ago and now its gone. I put a price in the local paper, that I thought was well over the odds and along came a man with a big bundle of paper with the queen head on it!!!! :-))

Why do some people have to query every ad placed on here?.... "You forgot to say how much" or "where in the country??" I think its a very reasonable ad, has all the detail and yes it certainly is priced to sell!!!

Regards

Spencer

Reply to
Spencer

Well, yes - actually. Let's s'pose - for example, that your better half decides that you've got far, far too many Landies. The solution is to offer to sell one. You price it such that nobody would want to buy it - after all, s/he doesn't know what it's worthm then after a few months you simply say to her/him "Well I tried, best just hang on to it eh?"...

This is just an example of why you may overprice something and does not apply to the original poster in any way, by the way :-)

Reply to
Mother

You mean you hope she's not looking at this.....

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Priced to rip off an unsuspecting sod

Reply to
Oliver Keating

My 101 will do Brighton to Glasgow for less than 45 quid. Granted it'll be on the back of an RAC transporter...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Did I mention what the first (of many) recovery guys said to me a couple of weeks back?

"I've done one of these before. A purple one."

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

You didn't mention that!

I know who it'll be though. The poor chap who had to recover Grumble when the original engine went bang:

He was actually a smashing bloke - and has waved a couple of times since then :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Easy - get black coffee, add milk. It's no longer black coffee of course, but then there were never any claims that it should be.

I'd guess that the underlying meaning is "I like to be the one who puts the milk into my coffee, thanks"

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Harton

what motor is that???

Reply to
jj

As a former Puma owner I can only imagine how much boot space you have left...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs