Re: Fitting Side Windows to a Defender 90.

Pantelis, Austin & Rich, many thanks for your advice. Have ordered a set of windows and will hopefully be fitting them this coming weekend. Brom.

Reply to
Brom

Brom Hi,

could you please let us know from where you have bought the sliding windows, the price you paid and their specifications (are the genuine sized, tinted or clear glass, latest type latches etc). And of course whether you are satisfied with your purchase and service you got from them?

It is always good to know of spare parts sources and sliding windows are in demand by people here in Greece so getting a good and reliable source (and hopefully cheap) is of interest.

Take care and be careful with those cutters. Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Pantelis, Have ordered them from a company called BLRS, address as follows;

BLRS Ltd Stuart House,

97 Station Road, Erdington, Birmingham, B23 6UG
Part Number: GWK110AE.

Apparently they come complete with Locks etc., all I need to supply are pop rivets (or similar) to fit them. Cost is £130-00 including VAT, however, postage will vary according to location. I will let you know what I think about them when they arrive.

Regards, Brom.

Reply to
Brom

Brom thanks,

I know BLRS and they do sell good things and at good prices also. Paddocks is also advertising side sliding windows for 124 or 134 pounds (clear or tinted respectively) including VAT. Does anyone know wheter the dimensions quote (43" X 18") are those of the genuine LR ones?

Take care and thanks for you kind input and immediate reply Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos