Re: O rings on P38

Found the source of my water loss, the heater matrix o rings are leaking

> water into the car. You can see the drops of coolant just under the heater > foot vent. This is giving some comfort as it is very common & my friendly > LR mech reckons the engine should be fine as the age & miles of the engine > probably mean they have gone all stiff & apparently it doesn't take much > to disturb them in the engine bay. I did drop a damper on the pipes > leading into the heater matrix & that could have disturbed them I suppose. > > Well, I'm goanna have a good look at Andy C's easy way!!!!

Hehehe, have fun...... at least it isn't the engine block matey, I sometimes wonder how many engines have been scrapped/replaced because of these seals leaking. All the P38's I've ever converted to LPG bar one have had the same leak at those same pesky "O" rings. Badger.

Reply to
Badger