LPG P38 or TD5 Disco ES?

I'm leaning very heavily to a nice later model (2000 ish) P38 Vogue SE with full monty LPG & very low miles. It's one of 150 made too. It's on ebay & looks very nice, the D2 seems a tad old fashioned in my eyes, like the doors are like an old Range Rover.

Dunno.....Jet lag for you!

Reply to
Nige

Go on, rip it to bits.......

Reply to
Nige

"Nige" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

Personally, I'd plump for the DII, but 4.0V8 and "full monty" LPG. I'm biased, I have a dII with LPG. I prefer the driving position of the DII to the P38, there's a lot of subtle changes to the seating and screen heights from the D1 that make it a totally different animal to drive. The ACE system is fantastic, the rear SLS is considerably less troublesome than the air suspension on a P38, in fact most of the body computer functions seem to be more reliable (window lift etc etc). DII has had a few issues, ACE pipes chaffing and leaking for one, but in the main it's a fantastic vehicle. I just wish the sound system was as good a sound as the top-of-range P38 Harman Kardon setup. It's not a bad system as standard, just not as good as the HK. Recent postings in here have suggested a tendency towards door lock issues giving alarm problems with DII, but I've never had any in the workshop with alarm issues - yet! The TD5 has a whole host of other issues in itself...... oil in harnesses, head gasket failure isn't unheard of, flywheel problems, clutches, oh and the auto is positively lethargic! Either model with a V8 runs the risk of the dreaded cracked block/coolant loss issue, no getting away from that, but there are an awful lot out there that have never suffered any failures at all. I've rebuilt quite a few (with a modified block which prevents the same thing happening again) but my experience suggests a failure rate of roughly one in ten, nowhere like the considerably higher figures quoted by some. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Mind made up matey, I'm not a fan of diesel engines anyway & the TD5 is a hell of a lot more expensive to fix than a V8.

It's a 2000 model in real nice condition. 4.6 too. Done 70k & got the tank for the LPG where spare goes.

Reply to
Nige

Looks very nice ...

However ...

For me all the wood and leather trim is superficial stuff that looks really tatty after a few days off-roading. 'Course, if you're not off-roading it then it's a nice vehicle.

I'd prefer this ... ;)

Paul - xxx

Well I love the numberplate :-)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

I'll sell it you!!

Reply to
Nige

Straight back from hols and buying a motor :-) sure you don't fancy my nice G4 Disco3 Nige!!!

Andy

Reply to
Andy