Re: Resetting ABS, TC & HDC fault lights. Is it possible

I have a '98 Freelander and the brake system dash fault light are lit.

> I have had them reset by a LR dealer and it cost $40AUD to have them > reset only to have them light up less than 3 hours later. The service > manager wheeled out the old chestnut about "might have to replace the > ABS module...$5500" Is ther anyone on the list who knows how to reset > these lights until I can determine if the fault is a faulty shuttle > valve or not. >

Just had similar problem on mine, driving to work, ABS and HDC lights came on. Local Land rover dealer picked it up and found the problem was caused by a switched that is attached to the brake pedal similar to the stoplight switch which tells the ABS and HDC that the brake pedal is being operated. Wessex Land Rover replaced the switch under warranty last week and no problems since.

Reply to
Graham