Re: The confusion surrounding diffs.

Good. I am confident as I always have been in the purpose of differentials. I just wanted to put it simply and grab the middle of the stick!

Jase.

Reply to
Jase

well, ideally you'd have one on the rear, centre and front. but, as you say, money is the factor here. about aus$3-4000 a pop aren't they (2000 pounds)??

Reply to
samuel mcgregor

On or around Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:13:23 +1000, "samuel mcgregor" enlightened us thusly:

I rather doubt it. Not looked into it mind.

Not sure why the XR4x4 has a free diff on the front - it may be that there's a good reason, or it may be that it's just cheaper.

rear + centre works pretty well though. Already got the centre one, courtesy of ex-range-rover BW-type transfer box.

Reply to
Austin Shackles