Re: Top Gear in trouble again

'What's anal sex Dad'

'Go and ask your mother, she don't bloody know either!'

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

The majority of the things I heard about that my parents didn't want me to hear about I heard about from my peers at school ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Dad, whats anal sex?

;)

Reply to
Nige

Generally the news is one of the main programmes I do NOT let my kids

How old are your kids?

Whilst I understand the need to protect young children from the horrors that may be found in the news if they are watching the news then they obviously want to know about the world about them. Small children who may not comprehend the news don't want to watch the news older children who do watch the news should have anything they don't understand explained to them.

BTW I found the jokes a bit risky but nothing so bad that I was shocked. Mind you I was watching a adult entertainment program that has never been anything other than a "blokes" program.

Reply to
Rory

And if they ask they will get a truthful answer. Note I only said

*less* likely.......

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

Not you again Nigel! It's in one ear and out the other with you isn't it?

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

10 and 8. Not so young that the idea of close relations with the opposite sex is unbelievable, but young enough that they don't need to know about "ladies of negotiable afftection" (thanks Terry).

Exactly. The broadsheet newspaper is always available and they both see us reading news websites too. However I will choose not to pull up certain news-stories when they are reading over my shoulder eg

Yes, but I would think that you are older than my boys!

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

Lizzy, whats......

;)

Reply to
Nige (Mobile)

No, I didn't go to public school!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Well, that's a novel alternative.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Harrison

Well I have to say this but ether your kids are great actors in pretending not to know about such things or you are sadly delusional in thinking that they don't.

Reply to
Rory

Isn't that Aural sex?

;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Nice!

Reply to
Nige

On or around Tue, 04 Nov 2008 22:13:48 +0000, Lizzy Taylor enlightened us thusly:

that'd be aural sex, though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around 5 Nov 2008 09:48:48 GMT, "Paul - xxx" enlightened us thusly:

rays!

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'm going to have to catch up on the podcasts...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

15 oooo thats a tricky one. Mind you Eastenders, the show where no-one smiles, had an underage preg years ago by the local s**nk. Ooops sorry a local girl who knew no better, ahem. The last time I even heard of the Archers was 15 years ago are they still going then?
Reply to
cyberwraith

On or around Wed, 5 Nov 2008 22:54:30 -0000, "cyberwraith" enlightened us thusly:

Longest-running soap in history, or something.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I prefer the longest running sitcom Last of the Summer Wine just bought latest DVD series 11 & 12 so I think Foggy returns in the next.

Reply to
cyberwraith