Re: Topspeed 110 2.25 and 2.5

don't know if anyone has official figures... but you'll not get off a

> speeding penalty on the basis that it doesn't go that fast, I wouldn't > think... :-) > > someone tried this defence for a speeding cop on a fireblade - they booked > him for 160, and he had the bike tested to prove that it'd not go over 145. > They did him for something else, ISTR.

So I'm unlikely to convince them that the Disco couldn't have been doing 37 in a 30 in Slough the other day then. Doh.

Reply to
David French

The only actual road test figures I can find are for either a V8 110 or a

2.5TD 110.

In LROi magazine they list the following but don't quote a source: - Ninety/One Ten 2.25 Diesel 60bhp @ 4000rpm, 103 lb-ft @ 1800rpm, 20-25mpg, top speed 70mph Ninety/One Ten 2.5 Diesel 67bhp @ 4000rpm, 114 lb-ft @ 1800 rpm, 23-28mpg, top speed 70mph

HTH C

Reply to
cnews

That's surprising. My (badly tuned) 110 V8 easily does 80, and I've never tried to see what the top speed actually is, although I've had an indicated 85 with some left, apart from up a hill :)

Reply to
danny

Is this a dig?

I have a 1987 110 with retro-fit 200 Tdi, Allard intercooler and GKN overdrive

Hmmmm, nice

Cheers C

Reply to
cnews

Reply to
geoff willerton

Yep, I used to be able to get an indicated 80 from my 110 (2.25 petrol). Anything more & it got a bit frightening!

Reply to
TheGhostOfSmokeyJoe