attention east sussex

Has anyone had a Range rover stolen around the east sussex area lately?. I was quite a bit suspect when i rang up an advertisment in the local friday ad paper over the weekend. A blue 3.5 auto with 135000 miles was advertised in the plumpton area with just a mobile number. As i am on the lookout for one i decided to ring it for information as the price didnt seem too bad compared to others of the same year. After several attempts i got through to a woman who couldnt really answer any of my questions put to her.Apart from it was her vehicle and the mot expires in october and the current milage. When asked to go and view it,She was only prepared to meet up with me at ditchling garden center nearby. Anyone who knows this part of sussex would realise there is quite a few travellers who stay in this area. I then asked when she would be at her home address and where abouts in Plumpton she lived.She quite promptly told me she was never hardly at home and again to meet her at the garden center. I then asked if she had the vehicle maintained at all with gumtree who are based in Plumpton.She did not answer and started commenting about the cars body work. Obviousely i did not go to see it as i was riddled with suspision. And should of asked for the full registration for an hpi check to see her reaction,But i didnt. As there are a lot of threads on here about our vehicles being stolen i thought i should mention it. And if anyone on here is missing a blue E reg, 3.5 auto,sunroof,135000 miles,very good body work,good tyres,wood cappings on the doors that need varnishing,That was taken in or around East Sussex then i would gladly give you this advertisers mobile number.

Reply to
bones

-snip dodgy RR tale-

Might be a coincidence, but the local Big Issue seller, a female in her late twenties?, has been telling me for a few months now about her Range Rover (don't remember the year, but it's blue and of similar age), and the fact that she got an MOT on it, but the gearbox is noisy (auto?). She sells the big issue around sussex (in Chichester every week - I can ask her tomorrow) and lives in Sussex. Her price was fair, when compared to the prices asked here. She said it was solid, the roof lining was fine, the tailgate was OK etc etc, when I asked about it's condition, and the mileage strikes me as similar to that which she quoted. She's always on the move, hence the mobile, and probably doesn't want visitors since I think she might live in a caravan or somewhere else that might not look too appealing to a visitor.

Reply to
danny

There must be more money than I thought in selling Big Issue, if she can afford to put petrol in that.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

You could ask her for the reg number, ostensibly to do an HPI check, and run it by the police. If she won't tell you, I'd say it was hookey!

David

Reply to
David French

I thought that, too. She runs (or ran) it on a shoestring. Since she also breeds expensive dogs and has horses too, I think, you can't always judge a big issue seller by first impressions - all the sellers here look like drug addicts.

Reply to
danny

Better stil arrange to meet her, clock the number plate as you drive by and make a phone call to say you'll be little late and phone someone to do the HPI check.

Reply to
Nikki

If it has been nicked by a traveller, you know that if it gets nicked again it was a good Rangie. They wont want it back if its crap. A bit of a "ducking stool" method of finding out if your Rangie is any good!!.....LOL When you do get the vehicle of your dreams, email me and we can explore some of the greenlanes around Glynde and Ringmer etc..

Reply to
Paraman

Nice one. I have the vehicle of my dreams in the driveway. Just looking for a dream engine to go in it.Hence my interest in the range rover that was going to be my donor. But as i cant wait any longer to get back on the road(its been 6 weeks).Its off to the garage yet again this friday to throw more money away on the crappy 2.5 td. But yes,When i am up and running and have some free time we can go exploring.

Reply to
bones