Re: TV PROGRAM TONIGHT

Reading LRM, some of this program looks like an excercise in "how to fit bits from Scorpion Racing to a hybrid" ;-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

And for those of us who rarely watch TV, and only have the 4.5 'normal' channels... What are you on about? :-)

Reply to
Mother

hehe 4.5

To which channel do u only give .5 merit?

Reply to
Jason Hall

Actually, thinking about it, I'd give them all a collective .5

Reply to
Mother

Whatever its quality/impartiality may prove to be. It finishes at 10.30 not

9.30
Reply to
Jason Hall

Probably get flamed for enjoying a TV show but I actually thought It was quite a good set of programmes. Wish I had access to the tools they have in that workshop..... Plasma Cutter...TIG welder etc etc etc.

Does any one know when its on next or is it same time, same place, next week???

Regards

Spencer

Reply to
Spencer

Was it any good, I got the old folks to record it for me? The presenter is a half wit, didn't he used to be a TV doctor? In a previouse series they gave him a helicopter to build and he managed not to crash it. Maybe they think he is more likely to jump into to Rangie Hybrid and crash that instead.

Which kit is he using? David

Reply to
DavidM

Didn't catch last nights episode, but I did watch one of the previous offerings where he built a cobra kit car which was good.

Oh, bye the way, he was, and still is a vet.

AlunP

Reply to
Alun P

DOCUMENTARY: A 4x4 is Born

Channel: Discovery Home & Leisure

Date: Tuesday 27th July 2004

Time: 21:00 to 21:30 (starting in 6 days)

Duration: 30 minutes.

Looks like same time same place ..only 2 episodes next week though , might be part of their Turbo Tuesdays series

Mike

Reply to
Mike Jones Super Hero

Does anybody know whether the EUTELSAT HOTBIRD satellite broadcasted Discovery Channel program will also show it?

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Same here, I think he's quite a good presenter in a slightly annoying sort of a way. I've seen most of his stuff they've done and I've enjoyed it all.

I've never seen a plasma cutter before, they look like good fun!!! I also want a workshop like that, trouble is I'd never go home if I did.

Reply to
Simon Barr

would that be a ex- vietnam vet then......

i think hes building a 90 on a shortend to 100 inch rangie chassis with a v8 and probably all singing all dancing everything else.

i like how the programme was only into its 15th minuite and he wheeled in a load of 90 bits.

itd take me months to save up to buy them.

ahh well, back to my series i suppose

andy

Reply to
Andy

Jason Hi,

If this is for the "A 4X4 is born" Discovery Channel series and you can put all the episodes in one PAL VHS cassette then I will be very glad to buy one from you.

If you could also include the programs devoted to the LR V8 engine then this would be perfect.

Is there any possibility that you may burn them on a DVD or CDROM????

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

If anyone really really wants this program. well first 3 episodes so far, and cant get it then ill do a copy of my vhs for a few people. email me and let me know.

snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com

--

Jason Hall

I dont have capture equipment at the moment. My friend does however. Ill see about putting all 5 episodes on one CDROM.

Should be possible my 19GB avi of my landy was nicely compressed by my mac to 33MB for my website. So with 700MB they should all fit on

Jason Hall

--

Jason Hall

Hmm make that 1.9GB . it aint star trek yet....

Reply to
Jason Hall

Hmm well i just missed the next two episodes. dam .. Im relying on friends to tape them for me.. So i guess the complete series is now impossible for me to copy.

However , according to this months LRO theyre showing the entire project back to back on xmas day...

--

Jason Hall

Jason Hall of snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com stated on Tuesday 27 Jul 2004 23:07 in alt.fan.landrover:

There is some video's of these available actually on the web, in the UK by a LR owner, but the problem of posting live links is that being a personal broadband connection 10 x 300mb videos would cripple it as everyone tried to download them all at once!

Elwyn

Reply to
Elwyn York

That sounds about right for basic MPEG compression, as used on Video CD

Anyone doing anything like this should look at DivX, which does much better compression.

Reply to
David G. Bell