Rear Axle Radius Arm Barckets- Market Research

Hi All, I've had a number of requests recently for a part to replace the brackets on the rear axle tube of (mostly) Discovery I's.

I've now found someone daft enough to make them, but I need to work out how much they are worth (i.e. based on how much they cost to make, can I make a profit - NOT how much can I get away with!).

It looks like they would be £25/30.00 each retail - would you want them at that price? Comments of all varieties invited....

Cheers in advance,

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

In message , beamendsltd writes

For what they are it does seem a little dear. But a lot cheaper than having to replace the axle casing.

Bearing mind that also those vehicles with rotten radius arm mounts are also likely to have a rotten diff pan. So perhaps an axle casing would be a better bet.

What worries me too is Mr. DIY not making a very good job of sticking them on, but you can say that with anything.

Don't think I have helped much Richard .......Sorry

Reply to
Marc Draper

Hi Richard,

What do they cost normally?

Is your supplier going to make you commit to quantity to get that deal?

Mark HH (Disco D1 - the worlds shiniest!)

Reply to
mark hh

As far as I know they are not available - hence the descision to do something about it.

Luckily my supplier is looking for new products to make so we are working it as new venture between us (he's in agricultural machinery manufacture at the moment). He has the necessary equipment and flexibility to produce any volume (good old CNC machines.......).

We are considering a "heavy duty" option as well.

If it goes well, who knows..........

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:30:34 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

not specifically about this, but I've heard that it's not easy to get the spring seats which are welded onto the chassis. This from someone who was in the process of replacing one.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

One step at a time! - the local trade are vary interested so a pair of first-offs are being made as we speak.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd