October Unofficial

Is it still on?

The dust has just settled from my Holiday.... Disco now fixed (LPG) and pondering next adventure , If on whos going so far.

:0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:17:17 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

is this the one planned for Carmarthenshire?

If so, I hope to bring Edward II.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hi folks Its still on, I'm down in Pembs. this week, and I'll drive over to K quads on the way home on Sunday and take a look at their facilities, get some pictures and put something up on my website. I'll check out local LPG facilities as well.

AFAIK, we have 10-12 101s and friends coming. The more the merrier, and the happier the K quad people will be for giving us the camping and off-roading rate.

ATB

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Maybe worth reposting all the relevant information...

Reply to
Mother

Any details?

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige

On or around Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:38:18 +0100, steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

Jolly good. 'ere, you calling in and if so when?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

We'll try - we ended up 101-less unfortunately - JUST passed the MOT, but we have utterly buggered the LPG setup and he stalls if you take you r foot off the go pedal. Plus, we went to Pembs. via Gaydon and that trip down was nightmarish enough.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

** REPOST **

The Unofficial "joint" AFL and 101FC Welsh meet Details.

Weekend of the 14-15-16 October

Venue KQuads 4x4, Camarthen Allt-Y-Grug Llangain Carmarthen Wales SA33 5AY

Mapquest reference

Or

Price £40 Two nights camping, two days off roading £35 Two nights camping, one day off roading

A deposit of 10 quid payable to Kquads 4x4 will secure your place.

Steve

Reply to
Lee_D

so steve Taylor was, like...

We'll be there. Probably in the Series 2.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Tue, 16 Aug 2005 18:52:06 +0100, steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

should've brought it to be fettled then, innit. some people :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 16 Aug 2005 20:05:33 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

might get shot for saying this... but the weekend after is the beginning of half term, round here at least. I doubt it's worth changing the date, but it'd make more sense, and reduces the pressure to get back on sunday night for them as have schoolkids.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Bugger, I'm in Spain ffs! Only time could get away with the nipper!

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige

It was bad enough getting it the 4 miles from the MOT station - let alone the 280 miles to your place !

Still, I DO hope to sit at the feet of the guru and seek his advice- are you in tomorrow ? Wednesday ?

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Suspect it may be best left now, perhahps as a learning curve for next year....and also as some will have already commited deposits.

Besides which being purely selfish this will be my second and probably last event of the year... If it's delayed by a week I can't come :0(

Also I seem to recall from a few years back Welsh October half term seems to be 1 week before English October half term (depending on your county and LEA's school dates). We have used this to our advantage to get cheaper caravan pitches out of the Welsh peak season for the sake of 24 hours :0)

Nige...don't be a tart... Spain is only down the road and the nipper would love it. ;0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

so Lee_D was, like...

And I've already booked the time off work...

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:35:23 +0100, steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

mostly.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Wed, 17 Aug 2005 00:27:29 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

No problem.

it might be, and therefore study needs to be made. mebbe end of HT would work better.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hope you had a good holiday!

I'm still down as a provisional!- and possibly not in the 101 either :( I might run over in the car with a tent and cadge some lifts round the off roading stuff!

Another one of those silly saabs has been taking up my free time, and the 101 has been again neglected! I need to go to FWB and get some bits but it takes so long to get there that ive been putting it off for a month now! I've actually had a holiday too :)

On the positive side - that horrible yellow coloured saab that i used to have is almost a much nicer yellow colour and getting more road worthy by the day.

Reply to
Tom Woods

M6 to 15.. A500 to a 50 and off at Heron cross.. left and left again.. much quicker.

And you get to go to Car gas who have moved to the industrial unit on the right on Grove road Heron Cross before you get to the row of Terraced houses prior to FWB (assuming you go this way).

I went to get the Disco sorted with a LPG breakdown and was quoted £1050 for the 101 to be gassed , fitted. They sell gas too.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Yes.

Here is a link to a webpage with the directions and pricing. We checked out everything last weekend, and it looks like it'll be OK. There is even a big barn to shelter in !

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor