rear wheel carrier

hi, I bought a set of shiny alloys & big rubber for my 90 about 6 months ago, and the rear door has started making horrible noises, presumably not happy about the extra weight. Taking the wheel off seems to cure the problem, so I guess what I need is a carrier thing.

Are there any differences I need to look out for? Can anyone recommend one which I should (or shouldnt) get? One picture I saw looked like there was a separate lever to operate the carrier at the same time as opening the door, which sounds like a pain in the ar*e... are they all like that?

thanks in advance (sorry its not a more interesting problem!)

mike

Reply to
Mike T

we used to have one of the type you mention (Pivlock) and it was a pain. we now have one from Mantec (

) which opens and shutswith the door. much better.Richard

Reply to
Richard

I've got one from Bearmach which opens with the door like the Mantec one, but is a bit cheaper (I seem to remember). It works a treat, only issue is that the paint finish isn't great.

Pieter

Reply to
pieter

I've a Mantec too, very pleased with it.

My door was fractured all around the traditional type wheel carrier - once it was welded a few more rattles vanished :-)

Mozza

Reply to
Mozza