Rear wiper motor

The one on my 1989 T/D 90 has I think gone awol. It only starts if I turn on the switch, get out and nudge the blade - after which it works ok until I next try to switch it on.

I suspect I need a new motor but they seem to cost an arm and a leg so I guess I must wait until Old Sodbury or similar next year - but how do I know which is the right replacement -- is there a parts number to identify it and if so where on the motor is it and (not unimportantly!) how much should I pay for it.

Reply to
Julian Pollard

Lump of crud or worn track or bust contact. Take it off, take it apart, clean, work out how it works, fix, reassemble.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I agree with this advice. My Disco's rear wiper was doing the same thing and ended up stopping in the middle of the screen without budging.

The mechanism was all crudded and rusted up. A toothbrush and some WD40 and light oil got it working again........ although taking all the door trimmings off was a pain in the behind.

You'd have to remove it to replace it, so you may as well take the cover off and see if a simple clean improves it.

Judith

Reply to
Judith

You are right!!!

But I have this incredible ability to take things apart and then not manage to put them back together again!!!!!!

Reply to
Julian Pollard

|| You are right!!! || || But I have this incredible ability to take things apart and then not || manage to put them back together again!!!!!!

As long as you don't have more than 10% spare bits at the end, you should be OK.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

A camera can be verys useful as you disassemble something take lots of photos so you can see how the bits go together. A digital one means you don't have to wait for the prints to come back...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice