removing exhaust system pipes.

Anyone got any tips for removing seized together exhaust pipes ? I'm trying to get the 'Y' piece off my 101, and nothing is moving at all :-(

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Heat the outer, rotate the inner, lublricate with diesel and leave to soak a bit. if its still not playing ball wack it wiv an ammer (but don't crack the manifold!)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

They won't %£^£&(* rotate (there's no way until one of the joints is separated.

lublricate with diesel and leave to soak a

Its that last bit that worries me....

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Is this on Bob ...daft question but why? I thought he had a stainless system.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

ONLY the back box - the rest is bog standard Mild steel !

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Shock it with a large lump hammer or BFO pipewrench it matters not whether it wants to go it will go ( see fleabay 120165061646) I've had more than a few off with it you lock it on then tw*t the wrench with the LLH if its not twistoffable , if its of the type with cuts along the sides tweaking screwdriver in't 'ole helps or theres the air chisel, other advice involves the question how many pieces would you like it in Derek the one on fleabay looks quite dainty compared to mine

Reply to
Derek

'swan of those. I have tried tweaking it, but it looks like I need more violence.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

daft question you have removed the pigs noses so its swinging free havent you? gives it a bit of an alternative so you can hold a hefty block of wood against the front of the silencer box and give that a spot of rearwards encouragement. You did use a very big screwdriver so that it widened the gap as well? Derek

Derek

I only took about 8 seconds to work out what the pigs noses were.. excellent.. !

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Give the slots a kiss with a cutting disk . you can always weld them back up before reapplication and dremel the inside as required.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Good plan.