replacing dash RRC

Any tips and tricks on how to replace the top dash of 1976 RR? I've been trying for two days now, without any luck... although I didn't break anything trying, you might call that luck!

Kind regards, Hans de Ruiter

Reply to
Hans de Ruiter

Just so that you know that you are not being ignored ....

Is this the main top panel that you mean? What seems to be going wrong?

It's about 20 years since I had mine off - an idea of your specific problem might jog my memory. I do have some recollection of it not wanting to stay under the seal at the bottom of the windscreen.

Reply to
Dougal

Thanks... I was worryng though... :-)!

Problem is that I can't get it between the window seal and three metal pieces properly... The panel is not strong enough to push the seal upwards.

Kind regards, Hans

Reply to
Hans de Ruiter

Remind me about the the three metal pieces - where are they? What do they do?

Reply to
Dougal

They are under the windowseal, each a few inches wide. They should be under the panel, pressing it against the window seal.

Greetings, Hans

Reply to
Hans de Ruiter

This is something similar to what I remember and I think that it's just a matter of having more than one pair of hands. But I did manage on my own.

Warning: this is a 20 year old memory and could be a load of rubbish - but I hope not.

The important thing is to keep a force pushing the panel forward whilst you attempt to lift the seal over the panel.

Keep the panel parallel to the 'screen resting on the metal bits and start in the middle. Hook up the middle 20cm (look, I've gone BBC metric!)or so of the seal with screwdrivers or similar and force the panel under the edge. Then slide the screwdrivers sideways so that the seal is lifted as you go, keeping the forward pressure on the panel all the time. It sounds too easy, I know!

Good luck.

Reply to
Dougal