Clock In Dash - 96 Mustang

My 96 Cobra has the clock that sits in a little bubble-like protuberance on top of the dash. Somehow, the bezel around the clock cracked. I am
wondering how to get it out of there. The bezel looks like it isn't part of the main dash assembly, or the clock, but its own separate piece. Will the whole dash have to come apart? Will the dealer sell just that plastic bezel? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.
The wart on the dash is a separate piece. It should pop right out. Check www.50resto.com for a replacement bezel.

on
of
the
Wart??? I thought they called it a "Pod clock." Wish mine had one.
Kate
| > My 96 Cobra has the clock that sits in a little bubble-like protuberance | on | > top of the dash. Somehow, the bezel around the clock cracked. I am | > wondering how to get it out of there. The bezel looks like it isn't part | of | > the main dash assembly, or the clock, but its own separate piece. Will | the | > whole dash have to come apart? Will the dealer sell just that plastic | > bezel? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. | > | > | |
Want to trade IPs?
Jim S. '82 Mutant

protuberance
Will
IPs? Sorry Jim, you lost me with that one.
Kate
| > | > My 96 Cobra has the clock that sits in a little bubble-like | protuberance | > | on | > | > top of the dash. Somehow, the bezel around the clock cracked. I am | > | > wondering how to get it out of there. The bezel looks like it isn't | > part | > | of | > | > the main dash assembly, or the clock, but its own separate piece. | Will | > | the | > | > whole dash have to come apart? Will the dealer sell just that plastic | > | > bezel? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. | > | > | > | > | > | | > | | > | > | |
Instrument panels. I was merely trying to express my displeasure for my 95's clock tumor.
Jim S. '82 Mutant

am
isn't

part
Thanks for the tips on wart removal. I appreciate it.
Since I don't have one any more, I cannot look at it to see how it comes apart. As far as the parts... what's keeping you from calling the parts department at your dealership and asking???? They may even be able to tell you how to disassemble it.
I'd almost be willing to bet that they will try and sell you the whole thing. That leaves you with used parts. In THAT case, ping Musttanguy (yes 2 Ts)
Kate 98 Cobra Drop Top With a personal touch, or two.
| > > My 96 Cobra has the clock that sits in a little bubble-like protuberance | > on | > > top of the dash. Somehow, the bezel around the clock cracked. I am | > > wondering how to get it out of there. The bezel looks like it isn't | part | > of | > > the main dash assembly, or the clock, but its own separate piece. Will | > the | > > whole dash have to come apart? Will the dealer sell just that plastic | > > bezel? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. | > > | > > | > | > | Thanks for the tips on wart removal. I appreciate it. | |
I was never a fan of the clock in the pod... since just about every aftermarket sound system has a clock in it you wind up with 2 clocks if you upgrade the sound system. I always thought it might be cool to get a thermometer / compass out of an explorer or something, and cobble it into the pod. Althoughh I never thought it was cool enough to actually take the time to do it :)

plastic
There is an after market gauge pod that fits in that hole. It holds two 2 1/16th" gauges. I've had my eye on it for awhile but I can't decide which gauges to put in it. That, and I fear becoming one of those gauge-guys.
Jim S. '82 Mutant

am
isn't
I think it would be a hella cool place to put a radar detector!
Kate
| > > | > > My 96 Cobra has the clock that sits in a little bubble-like | > > protuberance | > > | > on | > > | > > top of the dash. Somehow, the bezel around the clock cracked. I | am | > > | > > wondering how to get it out of there. The bezel looks like it | isn't | > > | part | > > | > of | > > | > > the main dash assembly, or the clock, but its own separate piece. | > > Will | > > | > the | > > | > > whole dash have to come apart? Will the dealer sell just that | > plastic | > > | > > bezel? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. | > > | > > | > > | > > | > > | > | > > | > | > > | Thanks for the tips on wart removal. I appreciate it. | > > | | > > | | > > | > > | > | > | |

I've thought so as well. all I need is a EE to design circuits and a PCB designer to layout the circuits so that they'll fit in the space. I can design a special housing.... maybe even keep a clock there next to the radar detector display :)

I have one of these available, please feel free to contact me personally (see below).
The 94-97 clock pods will pop right out, simply lift the front upward and then slide pod towards you. There is two clips holding it in front while there is a tab in the rear which prevents the rear from lifting up.
TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM http://www.PonyPerformance.com
Tim. You da man!
Kate