Retaining on rear stub axle on TD5 Defener

I have a TD5 Defender and we were on a long trip up the Canning Stock trip and the Rudall River here in WA when the retaining nut that holds the bearings and seals onto the stub axle came off. The vehicle was supposed to have been fully serviced by the local dealership. Southern Landrover , I wonder if any one else has had a similar problem

Gordon.

Reply to
Gordon Lamb

There should be two nuts holding the hub on, and these should be locked against each other with a (normally non-reusable) tabbed washer that gets bashed over onto a suitable flat on each of the nuts. Haven't come across any problems with this setup personally, perhaps the garage forgot to install the second nut/reused an unsuitable washer?

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod