Revolutions

Greetings

Looking for a rev counter for the 110 (V8)

Any opinions on these folk/this product?

Prices are here:
Does that seem sensible?

Thanks

Reply to
William Tasso

If you are not wedded to VDO instrumentation,

have 52mm TIM tachometers at £28.13 inc VAT and 80mm ones in a pod at £30.40 inc VAT. That's rather less than the £90 Croytec want for a VDO unit! Simon.

Reply to
Simon Oates

Ahh - yes, that's much better. thanks. although I will need reassurance that stuff for sale on a 'mini' web site is suitable for use with a V8 - ISTR these devices pick up their input from the ignition pulses and need a multiplier to work correctly

Reply to
William Tasso

Admittedly mine is a rather ancient TIM tacho (the small face variety) but it works with the V8 in my chariot. Yes, it picks up the pulses from coil/distributor (LT, of course!) but it has a 3-way slide switch on the back to enable you to select between 4, 6 or 8 cylinder engines. It was originally fitted to an old Mk II Ford Escort (4-cylinder, of course) and now works perfectly on twice the number of cylinders. Nothing else is needed ..... unless of course they've changed the way they make the things over the years.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I have a 52mm TIM one in my V8 90. There is a switch on the back to switch between 4,6 and 8 cyls. If I remember correctly I got it from Halfords. About £25-£30

Richard

Reply to
Richard

On or around Wed, 31 May 2006 00:05:03 +0100, "William Tasso" enlightened us thusly:

generic gauges such as the TIM ones normally have a 4-6-8 switch on the back. The one I had did, anyway.

Reply to
Austin Shackles