RR Classic - Converting Air Suspension to Springs

I'm in the market for a 92-94 RR Classic but worried about problems with the air suspension which may be expensive to fix. I have seen a number of sites describing kits which convert the suspension to springs, however they are all American based.

Does anyone have any experience of doing this? For example how viable for the home mechanic with basic tools, and how the handling is after the conversion particularly since I am unlikely to be doing any serious off-roading.

Also, does anyone know of any UK based companies offering these kits?

Reply to
John Melrose