RRC Windscreen

I have a new windsceen glass and seal for my 1985 Range Rover.

How difficult is it to fit? Soapy water and a long piece of string? Should I use any sealant?

PG Glass want R500.00 and offer no guarantee if the glass breaks since it wasn't supplied by them. Not very attractive.

Thanks for your advice.

Reply to
Dataserver

Ive always claimed on the insurance for windscreen replacements.. Only

50 notes.

When Autoglass did my defender, the bloke had some rope and some fairy liquid.

I dont think that string will be man enough to pull the rubber over the lip of the frame.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Well by string I meant something a bit thicker.

50 UK notes equates to about R750 of our South African Rands so about the same.

Thanks

Reply to
Dataserver

Dataserver uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Strimmer twine (or two runs as a precaution) nowt worse than getting half way and one twangs, good gloves. Soap and some helpers to apply even pressure as you work your way around. Never done a RRC windscreen but lot's of VW beetles after roof chops and also Vans.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Small-engine starter cord works really well and is cheap enough.

Reply to
EMB

Para cord would do the job nicely

MW

Reply to
mike whiskey

I have used plastic washing line, the stuff with a steel inner, works a treat bit only done little cars

Reply to
GbH

So it is not difficult - Patience, soap and some substantial line. Will give it a whirl when I get a chance.

Thanks

Reply to
Dataserver

10 minutes if it all goes according to plan.
Reply to
EMB

Yep the key is nice even pressure by an assistant.. Bigger the window though the less chance of it popping as they tend to be more forgiving and have an element of flex when the vehicle is in motion anyway. Cars aren't as ridgid as we would think.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D