Safari roof on 110/Defender?

Did they ever fit a safari roof on these vehicles? Just thinking of using our 110 in Spain next year and planning ahead.

I'd guess a 109 roof could be robbed and modded using the top skin.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Sat, 11 Nov 2006 16:20:55 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

I think you'll find they're the same - I bet a 109 safari roof will fit. 'course, if you have an early enough 110 then it has the external ribs like a series, so you can fit it more easily.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

is the extra inch in the 110 purely in the wheelbase then? no difference in overall length?

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Sat, 11 Nov 2006 17:33:41 +0000, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

I reckon it's in the bonnet :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I don't think any two landies are exactly the same length I bought some chequerplate for the sills of my 109 but was it the right length? no way too short.

Reply to
Larry

Yebbut, it won't fit the screen, and it is the same length.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

The body is exactly the same length between the 110 and 109, the only difference with the roof is the windscreen fitting. The bonnet is longer, same as the Stage 1. The tropical roof panel 333246 will fit the 110 roof with ribs, and can probably be fitted to the roof without ribs by adding extra spacers. On the 90, the body is longer than the 88 and the tropical roof will not fit.

On the 110 the front wheels are further back and the rear wheels even further back, and there are the eyebrows, so anything to do with the wheel arches, and this includes the sill panels, won't fit.

JD

Reply to
JD

Oily uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I reckon it's inbetween the pannels! Whats an inch anyway ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Sat, 11 Nov 2006 19:35:51 -0000, "Oily" enlightened us thusly:

the actual safari roof doesn't get as far as the screen though. Unless you're going to fit a complete roof.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Well, you did say safari roof, not a top skin for the safari roof, which to me reads as complete. ;-)

Martin

0123456789112345678921234567893123456789412345678951234567896123456789712345
Reply to
Oily