Second Seven Bridge Toll Charge

Not Brighton? oh well, live and learn :)

Reply to
William Tasso

Last time I went along Brighton Prom the men and women wern't wearing anything.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

They should all now have number plate recognition and it should show on their screen what to charge, regardless of spare wheel.

A 101 going into Wales last October was correctly charged as a camper (see my previous posting about how stunned I was...).

Reply to
Mother

I wonder about number plate recognition, how good is it, how much does a number plate have to be on the skew before it screws it up, and what are the statutory limits on the height of numberplate, mine is merely wired to the radiator grill and not quite perp. Being of a naughty and rebellios frame of mind I wonder how much of a skew would bugger up the system, never mind I saw this anti reflective coating on display a while ago and the vendors swore it was not only legal but it worked (I don't think)

Reply to
Larry

As good as the eyesight of the operator in the booth who _should_ double check it against the vehicle it is attached to.

Reply to
Mother

I might try that but the A6 from Lancaster to north of Kendal looks rather twisty and built up. Once you actually get close to Shap and then north to Penrith it's better. But why bother? The M6 is desserted north of Lancaster. I can do Lancaster to Penrith and have nothing but distant sets of lights in either direction and the odd thing coming the otherway. Even when it's "busy" it's nothing like other motorways (summer bank holiday weekends excepted).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:56:38 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

yeah, but there's nostalgia steeped in history in going up the "old" shap.

A6 south from kendal or so is rather nice, in its way. Mind, failed to find any decetn place to buy breakfast. Ended up in Forton services on the motorway, although in fact the brekky there wasn't bad.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

...and Dave Liquorice spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Is that a trifling amount of traffic?

Reply to
Richard Brookman