110 outrigger replacement

The front nearside outrigger on my 1983 110 CSW now has more holes than metal and I think it is time to do something about it - not sure whether to go DIY or get it replaced by a local workshop. What is involved and is it a difficult job? - I know one end of a MIG from another, but wouldn't consider myself an expert. Is patching a realistic/safe way ahead - the main holes are in the bottom and one side. If I get it done commercially, how long should it take?

Regards

Neil

Reply to
Neil Cummins

Don't patch it, replace it. Should take a decent welder around 3 hours tops, allowing for cleaning back etc. Remember to get a new bulkhead mounting bolt and nut before starting the job as it'll maybe need cutting out. Undo the radius arm at the rear only, cut old metal from chassis with an air chisel and slide remains back off radius arm. Clean up chassis rail as required, slide new outrigger into place, weld, refit all bolts. Paint/wax/underseal as req'd. Job done. Badger.

Reply to
Badger