Series IIa lightweight window catch?

The Series IIa lightweight has sliding door-windows but mine doesn't have any catch to secure them shut; instead it replies on friction.

There seems to be a blanking plate in the door skin immediately below the window aperture. Was there originally a catch of some description to hold the window closed?

TIA

Reply to
Stimpy

Window locks were optional on the civilian IIA and III. I doubt that they were even considered for the lightweight.

These optional parts may well work on a lightweight - p/n 345435 (R) and 345436(L). I'll e-mail you a picture.

Reply to
Dougal

Ah, that makes sense. Explains why there's a welded blank in the door panel

Thanks

Reply to
Stimpy

If the aperture is about 1" x 1 1/2" then it looks like you've got Series 3 door tops fitted for which a sliding plastic catch is available, 347322.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Nice one, thanks... I'm not too fussed about originality so I'm not going to panic about getting the right door tops. Might look out a catch though, as the friction on the drivers side is non-existent

Reply to
Stimpy

Why not fit the metal type that go at the top of the window and just rivet / screw to the top of the window frame.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D