Series III gearbox problem

Hi,

I've just replaced my old gearbox with a reconditioned gearbox which I bought at ebay.co.uk.

On my first test drive after the gearbox was in, I have the following problems.

  1. Second gear is noisy. It rattles. Is there any adjustmen available to get rid of this?
  2. Synchronisation is not good. In the beginning, I had to stop the engine to get it into first gear, then I managed to change gear on the right revs. What can be the reason for this?

Can anybody help?

Rune

Reply to
Rune Slinning